Ruapehu Summer 2018
Ruapehu Spring/Summer/Autumn programme 2018/19 - come stay!
What... Encouraging ASC members (and their families and friends) to use the club’s Ruapehu Lodges out of the ski season
Why... To become a more prosperous, vibrant, fun and financially viable club
When... October 2018 thru' to April 2019
- Adult member $30/night
- Junior member $18/night
- Adult guest $36/night
- Junior guest $24/night
(includes bunk, breakfast and dinner; .... and current bunk season pass can be used)
Club members are warmly invited to spend some time at our lodges at Ruapehu over summer to enjoy the myriad of activities in the area. Encourage your friends and family to join you for some fun and recreation.
Feel free to do your own thing, join up with others staying in the lodge to do what they're doing, offer to lead an activity ..... the options are endless!
Glimpse of Tongariro National Park attractions...
We've included links for specific activities ..... check it out!
We're hoping the new Snow Factory at Whakapapa will be busy making snow daily over the summer season!! If so, Sledging will be available in the Plaza at the top of the Bruce Road in front of the main buildings (Lorenz's, retail shop etc). There's a charge for this and hire of sledges as it does cost to manufacture snow in summer!!
- Tongariro Alpine Crossing (note: carparking near Mangatepopo limited to 4 hrs) - car-pooling or shuttle from Whakapapa Village
- Ruapehu Crater Lake (via RAL chairlifts if desired)
- Guided (Ruapehu) Crater Lake Hikoi (6 hours)
- Skyline Ridge Walk (via RAL chairlifts) from Knoll Ridge cafe
- Meads Wall Walk (via RAL chairlifts)
- Lower and Upper Tama Lakes
- Ohakune Old Coast Road
- Lake Surprise tramping track (advanced - 5 hrs return)
- Old Blyth tramping track (advanced - 5 hrs return)
- Taranaki Falls (2 hrs loop walk from Tongariro National Park Visitor Centre)
- Silica Rapids Walking Track - 2.5 hrs /7km return to Bruce Road
- More walks in and around Tongariro National Park
Mountain biking (and BMX track)
- Ohakune Old Coach Road
- 42nd Traverse
- Bridge to Nowhere
- The Timber Trail
- Fishers Track .... Grade 2, 27km
- Te Pepe BMX Pump Track
- Meads Wall
- Whakapapa Gorge (behind Meads Wall)
- Pehi's Bluff
- Mangatepopo Bluffs
- Holl's Rock - above Upper Tama Lake
- Wall of Sound (Tukino) - advanced climbing
- White Falls (Upper Mangaturuturu Valley) - advanced climbing
- Moordoor and Emyn Muil (‘Lord of the Rings’ filming locations!) -Whakapapa Ski Field
- Rangatira Express - scenic chairlift rides for views of Mt Ngauruhoe plus light meals and coffee at the Schuss Haus Corona Bar on Whakapapa Ski Field
- Scene of Tangiwai disaster - Tangiwai Memorial (10 km west of Waiouru)
- High tea at Chateau Tongariro Hotel
- Raurimu Spiral (north of National Park)
- National Park Visitor Centre (National Park)
- Ohakune area short walks
- Mangawhero Forest Walk (wheelchair access)
- Rimu Walk
- Mangawhero Falls
- Ithilien (Lord of the Rings filming location!)
- Waitonga Falls
- Waiouru Army Museum (including KidzHQ) - SH1 and Hassett Drive, Waiouru
- Tongariro National Trout Centre (near Turangi) SH1
- check their website for Public Kids Fishing Days and/or group bookings for over 15 people
- Lake Rotopounamu track (easy - 2hrs or shorter 20 min option)
- Tokaanu Thermal Walk and Pools (n.w. of Turangi)
- Smash Palace (car salvage yard in several NZ movies) - Horopito, SH4, south of Whakapapa
- Turangi - trout fishing hub on southern edge of Lake Taupo
- Lake Otamangakau
Stand up paddle boarding
- Lake Otamangakau
Emerald and Blue Lakes .... view from a Cesna ....
and many, many more walking, mountain-biking, climbing and socialising opportunities!!!
Tentative programme .....
For further information on this program please contact Carolyn Blackford on phone 09 580 1353, mobile 022 651 6066 or email email@example.com